A great 4 season, ultralight sleeping pad.
- Weight: 12 oz (w/ repair patch kit)
- Dimensions: 66x20x2.5 in
- R-value: 3.9
- Shape: Semi-rectangular/ Mummy
- Type: Air Pad
- MSRP: $160
What I Like:
- Weight: Super lightweight and small packed size is what makes this inflatable pad so awesome! The men's version comes in different sizes of varying weights, but all are lightweight.
- Warmth: A 3.9 R-value puts this pad into the 4-season category. It is sufficiently warm for any summer backpacking conditions, and is a great year-round pad option. This is great because you could potentially get away with a less warm bag, or quilt, in certain conditions because of how insulating this pad is. The men's version has a 3.2 R-value, so not as warm as the women's version, but still a good, warm pad.
- Comfort: Side sleepers, rejoice! This pad is so comfortable, you will be able to sleep on your side without sag. Even your heaviest points (shoulders, hips) are suspended on the mattress comfortably. Like sleeping on a cloud! Absolutely no complaints on comfort.
What I Don't Like:
- Noise: This pad is crinkly. Every time you move, the pad makes a lot of noise. If I am already not sleeping well, and my partner moves on this pad, it will be even harder to get to sleep. This of course can be resolved with earplugs, and I have noticed it gets less noisy with more use.
- Cost: If you are budget-minded, this pad may seem crazy expensive to you! I promise, it is worth the cost. If you are an REI member, this is a great item to spend a 20% off coupon on, and you may be able to find it on sale at places like Backcountry.com or campsaver.com that have other seasonal promotions.
- Durability: I have yet to experience any issues with leaks, but as with any air mattress pad, leaks are a possibility, but can be repaired if you can identify the weak spot.
Overall, I couldn't recommend this pad enough, for backpacking or car camping!