I originally bought this bag to use as a shoulder season sleeping bag in the mountains, where I would likely encounter sub-freezing temperatures.
- Length: Regular (66 in)/ Long (72 in)
- Weight: 2 lbs 4 oz/ 2 lbs 6 oz
- Style: Mummy with draft tube
- Fill: 850-fill goose down
- Temperature Rating: 17* F comfort, 3* F lower limit
- MSRP: $349/ $369
What I Like:
- Warmth: This bag is definitely warm. I was sweating up a storm in low 40s temps with the bag halfway open wearing minimal clothing, and I slept warm with this bag in "quilt style" (aka mostly unzipped, and laying on top of me) in high 20s temps.
- Weight: This is technically considered a lightweight bag for its temperature rating.
What I Don't Like:
- Fit/ Style: My biggest qualm was the draft tube. Most, if not all, cold-weather sleeping bags have these tubes because they prevent cold air from seeping into the bag. I could not stand it though, on a comfort level. Shimmying into the bag at home, I didn't have an issue, but once I took it out on a trip, I couldn't get used to the extra layer of insulation pressing against my neck. I don't consider myself a claustrophobic person, but this bag was too constricting for me (my mom, a pretty claustrophobic person, really disliked this bag. So, if you're claustrophobic, you may want to consider something roomier). Maybe if I was thrown into winter and needed all of the extra insulation to stay warm, I would feel differently. But the discomfort level was such that I actually left this bag at home and brought my 32 degree bag into the mountains this summer.
- Zipper: The zipper was difficult to zip all the way up for me, though the zipper moved much better than previous bags I've used.
- Weight: Yes, I listed this in the pro section as well. But, for the discomfort items I listed above, I did not think the weight/ warmth justified dealing with those annoyances, as I found my half-pound lighter 32 degree bag to be much more comfortable and warm enough for my needs.
I do urge you to read other reviews on this bag, and if my cons don't apply to you, you may love this bag! Let me know your thoughts on this bag, if you wish!